- Andrew Jackson, Farewell Address, 1837”
The Cost of The War in Iraq
click here to learn more
Dennis Kucinich defies his party and introduces bill to impeach Bush.
This is an act of courage and Rep. Kucinich is to be commended. The bill list all the high crimes and misdemeanors that Bush has committed against the American people and the Constitution of the United States which he promised to preserve, protect and defend. The question is, will Nancy Pelosi and the rest have the kidney to support this bill? She has stated that impeachment is off the table and if that is the case she is complicit in the crimes of the Bush administration. She becomes an accomplice by here reluctance to do what she knows to be the right thing to do. If she refuses to allow this bill to proceed she becomes part of the problem in our government.
The following is the meat of the 35 point incitement.
1. Creating a secret propaganda campaign to manufacture a false case for war against Iraq.
2. Falsely, systematically, and with criminal intent conflating the attacks of September 11, 2001 with misrepresentation of Iraq as a Security Threat As Part of Fraudulent Justification for a War of Aggression.
3. Misleading the American people and members of Congress to believe Iraq possessed weapons of Mass Destruction to manufacture a false case for war.
4. Misleading the American people and members of Congress to believe Iraq posed an imminent threat to the United States.
5. Illegally misspending funds to secretly begin a war of aggression.
6. Invading Iraq in violation of the Requirements of HJRes114.
7. Invading Iraq absent a declaration of War.
8. Invading Iraq, a sovereign nation, in violation of the UN charter.
9. Failing to provide troops with body armor and vehicle armor.
10. Falsifying accounts of US troop deaths and injuries for political purposes.
11. Establishment of permanent US military bases in Iraq.
12. Initiating a war against Iraq for control of that nation's resources.
13. Creating a secret task force to develop energy and military policies with respect to Iraq and other countries.
14. Misprision of a felony, misuse and exposure of classified information and obstruction of justice in the matter of Valerie Plame Wilson, clandestine agent of the CIA.
15. Providing immunity from prosecution for Criminal contractors in Iraq.
16. Reckless misspending and waste of US tax dollars in connection with Iraq and US contractors.
17. Illegal detention: detaining indefinitely and without charge persons both US citizens and foreign captives.
18. Torture: Secretly authorizing and encouraging the use of torture against captives in Afghanistan, Iraq and other place as a matter of official policy.
19. Rendition: Kidnapping people and taking them against their will to "Black Sites" located in other nations, including nations known to practice torture.
20. Imprisoning children.
21. Misleading Congress and the American people about threats from Iran, and supporting terrorist organizations within Iran, with the goal of overthrowing the Iranian government.
22. Creating secret laws
23. Violation of the Posse Comitatus Act
24. Spying on American citizens, without a court ordered warrant in violation of the law and the 4th amendment.
25. Directing telecommunication companies to create an illegal and unconstitutional database of the private telephone numbers and emails of American citizens
26. Announcing the intent to violate laws with signing statements.
27. Failing to comply with congressional subpoenas and instructing former employees not to comply.
28. Tampering with free and fair elections, corruption of the administration of justice.
29. Conspiracy to violate the voting rights act of 1965.
30. Misleading congress and the American people in an attempt to destroy Medicare.
31. Katrina, Failure to plan for the predicted disaster of Hurricane Katrina, Failure to respond to a Civil Emergency.
32. Misleading Congress and the American people, systematically undermining efforts to address global climate change.
33. Repeatedly ignored and failed to respond to high level intelligence reports warnings of planned terrorist attacks in the US, prior to 9/11.
34. Obstruction of the investigation into the attacks of September 11, 2001.
35. Endangering the health of 911 first responders.
For the full text and detail of the charges go to:
The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder
By Vincent Bugliosi
"In The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder, Bugliosi presents a tight, meticulously researched legal case that puts George W. Bush on trial in an American courtroom for the murder of nearly 4,000 American soldiers fighting the war in Iraq. Bugliosi sets forth the legal architecture and incontrovertible evidence that President Bush took this nation to war in Iraq under false pretenses—a war that has not only caused the deaths of American soldiers but also over 100,000 innocent Iraqi men, women, and children; cost the United States over one trillion dollars thus far with no end in sight; and alienated many American allies in the Western world.
As a prosecutor who is dedicated to seeking justice, Bugliosi, in his inimitable style, delivers a non-partisan argument, free from party lines and instead based upon hard facts and pure objectivity.
A searing indictment of the President and his administration, The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder also outlines a legally credible pathway to holding our highest government officials accountable for their actions, thereby creating a framework for future occupants of the oval office.
Vincent Bugliosi calls for the United States of America to return to the great nation it once was and can be again. He believes the first step to achieving this goal is to bring those responsible for the war in Iraq to justice." Amazon Editorial Review
Tell the big lie loud enough and long enough and people will begin to believe it.
Now that Obama is the Democratic nominee apparent the slime will start to fly from the Republican red neck right, and right wing evangelicals. Fox red neck News, Rush red neck Limbaugh and Sean red neck Hannity are beginning to foam at the mouth. The “right” will us lies and innuendo to attempt to destroy his character. Now they will roll out the big lie. I have never been an Obama supporter but I will listen and decide on the issues. Lobbyists will begin to support anti Obama groups and they will attempt to swift boat him. This will be a dirty campaign and it has already begun. The lies about his wife and any association with anyone who is seen as anti U.S. no matter how innocent or at what age it occurred, even if he was in kinder garden with someone now seen as anti American, he becomes guilty by association.
Climate security bill opposed by Republican Luddites in congress
Republicans in congress oppose the climate security bill. They have become the Luddites of the American government. Don’t they get it? Is it that they are so myopic that they don’t see that with out action to curb climate change not only will there a disaster, we may not survive as a species? Everything on this little spaceship earth is interconnected. Are they so bought and sold to the special interests groups and lobbyists that they ignore reality. Their interests should be the American people and the future of the planet we live on.
Now they want to produce and sell small cars, whom do they think they are kidding?
GM has announced four truck plant closings Canada, Mexico and two in the U.S. and the firing of ten thousand workers. This as a result of $4.00 plus gasoline prices that has seen a 30 to 60 percent drop in truck purchases. GM has also announced that they want to sell off their Hummer division. They want to produce and sell small cars, who are they kidding? It is a little too late in the day. They and Ford are in pretty much the same boat. They have hyped the big truck gas-guzzlers for years while eschewing small cars and claiming that they can’t produce more gas mileage. Suddenly in the face of the gas crisis they are touting their small cars and the gas mileage they are getting. Unless the American public is completely stupid they will see through the sham. The Japanese make a quality small car and have been doing it for years and they have planned ahead and if you have a choice between a Chevrolet, Ford verses a Toyota, Nissan, Honda and the rest of the Japanese auto makers, it is no contest. My 97 Nissan Altima gets better than 30 miles to the gallon and still runs like a dream. I wouldn’t trade it for a new Ford or Chevrolet if I were offered one. Ford and Chevrolet gave up their leadership and went for the short term gains and showed no leadership and let the world pass them up. America should lead the world in auto innovation not follow the lead of the rest. We taught the world how to mass-produce and build a great automobile now the student has surpassed the teacher.
Filings for the month jumped by 48%. Nevada, California, and Florida continue to bear the brunt of the crisis.
Filings for the month jumped by 48%. Nevada, California, and Florida continue to bear the brunt of the crisis.
America needs an energy plan that moves us away from foreign oil dependency
This summer may see gas prices as high as five dollars and if a hurricane hits the gulf of Mexico or there is trouble in an oil producing region it could well hit six dollars a gallon. It is time to change our life styles. Car pool, change the bulbs in your homes, walk more, do something to make a difference. The real issue won’t be oil but will be food. Money, oil, and transportation; it is all about food. It always has been. Money was created to represent so many bundles of wheat that can be had, and it continues to this day. Food will become one of the pressing issues in the global economy. When people have no food they starve, when enough of them start to see their children starve they will get guns and try to take the food from the people that have food. We are heading into a dangerous time in world history. We in America need an energy plan that gets us away from foreign oil dependency were we use less of the worlds resources and were those resources can be channeled to the parts of the world that need them or we will pay a terrible price for our hubris.
Impeach Bush and Cheney!
Army Sgt. Shane P. Duffy
22, of Taunton, Mass.; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y.; died June 4 in Tikrit, Iraq, of wounds sustained in Sharqat, Iraq, when his unit was attacked by enemy forces using small-arms fire and hand grenades. Also killed were Spc. Jonathan D. A. Emard and Sgt. Cody R. Legg.
Army Sgt. Cody R. Legg
23, of Escondido, Calif.; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y.; died June 4 in Tikrit, Iraq, of wounds sustained in Sharqat, Iraq, when his unit was attacked by enemy forces using small-arms fire and hand grenades. Also killed were Sgt. Shane P. Duffy and Spc. Jonathan D. A. Emard.
Army Spc. Quincy J. Green
26, of El Paso, Texas; assigned to 601st Aviation Support Battalion, 1st Combat Aviation Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Riley, Kan.; died June 2 in Tikrit, Iraq, of injuries sustained in a non-combat-related incident.
Army Maj. Scott A. Hagerty
41, of Stillwater, Okla.; assigned to the 451st Civil Affairs Battalion, Pasadena, Texas; died June 3 in Zormat, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device.